Monday, July 30, 2007

Anti-Diluvian

Well, its been a miserable kind of day. The rain did not help. I had to walk through the rain to get from the library to the train station and by the time I got on the commuter rail, I was soaked to the skin, and worse, my commuter rail pass was ruined. Completely buggered. I've managed to swindle my way through the system for now, but thank God this happened today, when its only good for one more day. I would be so completely screwed if it had happened earlier. My feet in my shoes felt like puddles for all 2 hrs of class.

New Hampshire was mostly fun. I had a good time in general, could have wished for less rain, though. I must say, the view on the top of Mt. Osceola was picture-card perfect. The most thrilling effect was when a rolling gap in the fog created the effect of a moving camera, so if you kept your eye in the center of the cloud bank, you could watch as the surrounding mountains were slowly revealed. A beautifully limited green and white panorama. Also fun was the invention of Waterwars B.S. Essentially, its just like the cardgame (a.k.a. Bullshit), but with the added bonus that if you are caught in the lie, not only do you have to take extra cards, but you also get hosed with the water gun by the person who called it against you. Needless to say, it was a blast. I highly recommend this game for crowds of at least 5.


I still haven't heard back from the Spanish Consulate, so I'll have to do that tomorrow. Lots to do, sadly, before I go back to Cincinnati. I can only pray for less rain.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Next time your feet feel like they're in puddles, try taking your shoes off. Usually no one notices, and if they do, it's still not illegal.