Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day 1.9583333

Hahahahaha, I just got back from the Harvard Co-op and just as I was getting off the stop, I almost got hit by two yuppies whizzing purposefully by on some Segway scooters. I wonder if it'd be fast for me to get to Park Street via one of the Segways or on the Green Line. The trolley can move really slowly.

I spent most of my traveling time reading Mark Kagan's book on abstract algebra. This is a completely different way of looking at the world. Even the first chapter seems to be a concerted effort to reducing everything I ever learned in elementary school to an algorithm.

On the upside, it did contain some useful tips on how to scam the USPS. Turns out the book shows how money wire services check for their number entries, and if you just take a few minutes to play with the numbers, with a little luck and pluck, you could cash a forged check by beating them at their own game.

Additionally, I bought a book called Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart. I'm beginning to see why the Russians accuse me of being a wannabe...Although I still maintain that they are giving themselves too much credit. *cough* Yelena *cough*

And I promise: No more ridiculous ways of labeling my entries. After this one anyway.

No comments: