Thursday, May 17, 2007

Is spasticness a word? And can I diet it away, Doctor?

So I'm on a roll.
In less than two months, I have:
1.) Missed my flight
2.) Lost my cell phone
3.) Left my room phone in my dorm
4.) Left my keys at school and got myself locked out my apartment and had to crash on a sofa in the Village last night.

Fortunately, I'm back and there weren't any serious problems, just annoying (Don't freak out, Mom. I had a friend give me a hand. Situation contained.) I don't know what the hell it is. Perhaps I'm more stressed than I realize and the fact that I keep forgetting things is an indication of it. Its not exactly inspiring confidence in myself.

On a more inspiring note, I have figured out how to beat the commuter rail. On my original commute, I would have to pay $9.50 a day, just to get back and forth between Brandeis and North Station. That's about $45 a week! $180 a month! Even with a rail link pass, that's $140 a month, although that also includes the subway, so its a big savings.

However, I did not buy a rail pass for May. So, I have devised a scheme to get from Washington Square to Brandeis on my 7-day pass, which is only $15 a week. A third of the cost?!! What a deal!!!

The downside is that it's a weeeeeeeeeee bit complicated. I.e. if I miss one of my connections, I'm deeply screwed. Considering that tomorrow is my first day at the library, I'll take the commuter rail in in the morning, and try this route out at night. So if it looks feasible, I'll do this until June and save myself a ton of money. (In June, they're closing down part of the D branch of the Green Line (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=GREEN) between Reservoir and Riverside, which is exactly the stretch I need. I'll just suck it up and buy the Rail Link Pass for June.

Ah yes, Brandon is coming tomorrow. Which means I'll have to clean the apartment top to bottom tomorrow afternoon. Fun. I'm still working on an itinerary, but I think we'll have a good time. On Monday, he'll be on his own to go visit Harvard.

That's all the news that's fit to print.

No comments: