Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day n-2

Yes, so I'm starting a blog for the summer.

Why?

Because for the first time in my life, I won't be in Cincinnati, OH for the summer. This is as convenient a tool as any for people to know what the hell I'm going to be doing while I languish in Boston.

Why should I care?

You shouldn't. That's why I named it "The Star Chamber", because

Do you frequently write as if you're carrying on a conversation with yourself?

Yes, it keeps the voices in my head happy.



Moving on. So in case you couldn't gather from today's title, I just finished doing mediocre-ly on my proofs final. Now I find myself with two more finals, and I should probably be studying instead of writing.

College is depressing. I never thought I'd have this much trouble getting grades I'm happy with when I came here. Proofs has been weighing on me like an albatross perched on my back, screeching into my ear that I keep needing to be more and more precise. If I'm going to be a halfway decent math major, I have to lose the mentality that I can bullshit my way out of life.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I didn't know you planned to major in math. I thought it was international relations.
I'll be updating my own blog tomorrow. Been doing AP tests, so I commiserate.
I was a bit puzzled at first when I came here, having no idea who "E. Phoresis" was. It was pretty easy to figure it out, but I was a bit mystified at first. Thought maybe it was spam.
You seem to have made a whole lot of friends, and all of them have foreign names like Igor and Yelena. Sometime you're going to have to brief me on all of them.