Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Huzzah! Ladies and Gentleman, today, I am the windshield

My transportation issues are solved!
*Cue a triumphalist march*

On a whim, I asked Dan Lazewatsky (here on out, referred to as 'The Dlaz'), what he thought the fastest route between Riverside and Brandeis was. His response was, "Well, I work at Brandeis, too. Why don't I just carpool with you?" So, voila! In return for chipping in on the gas, I now have a fast and reliable way to get to the 'Deis sans commuter rail. I still will use the Bus/walking/D/C route to get home. However, the 30 minute walk down Washington St. is gorgeous and good exercise after sitting down for hours at the library, so I don't mind.
I imagine Dan will want about $10-$12 a week (since its a very short distance from Brandeis to Riverside, and I'm only using it in the mornings. Hell, better make it $12). So my transportation expenses weekly are:

$15 a week for the subway, $12 a week for gas = $27.

$27 * 4 = $108 a month. A bit pricey, but considering the alternative was trying to use the buses in the morning (risky), or using the commuter rail ($40 more a month), so this seems like it'll be a savings.

Anyway, shhhhh. The LOST season finale is starting. I'll return to this later.

No comments: